Top 5 Tips to Improve Your Fuel Economy
Getting the most life out of your vehicle is a goal for any new car shopper, but what about getting the best gas mileage you can? No matter what type of vehicle you drive there are always ways to improve your fuel economy and get the most miles out of your vehicle. If you’ve been searching for ways to get better mileage out of your Nissan, then these top five tips are for you. Keep reading to learn about how you can get started on improving your fuel economy.
How to Get Better Fuel Economy
- Leave the lead foot at home – Heavy acceleration can eat up fuel quicker than anything else. Regularly stomping on the gas and the brakes will run out your fuel tank in no time. Take it easy on the pedals and leave your lead foot at home.
- Keep your load light – Weighing down your trunk with cargo weighs down your vehicle overall, adding strain to its engine. By keeping your trunk light during your day-to-day drives you are able to improve your fuel economy dramatically, getting more miles between fill-ups.
- Take a little off the top – Keeping too much cargo on your roof rack can cause excess drag while on the road. Keep your roof load light and try to drive as little as possible with cargo strapped to your roof.
- Watch your tire pressure – Driving around on underinflated tires will increase the rolling resistance of your tires which can eat up your vehicle’s fuel. Getting your tires to the correct pressure is easy, simply check your owner’s manual for what pressures are recommended for your vehicle’s tires.
- Replace that dirty air filter – It is easy to forget to change out your vehicle’s air filter, but this simple switch is a quick and easy way to improve your gas mileage. This is one of the quickest fixes to getting more miles out of your vehicle’s tank. A clogged air filter will make your engine work overtime, so getting a fresh one in there can get things running smoothly again.
Getting better gas mileage and improving your fuel economy is a great way to save money. Find out the top five tips for improving your fuel economy in this guide from Nissan of Victoria. Head over to our online inventory to view our current lineup of fuel-efficient Nissan models.